Sunday 23 June 2013

City Church... comforting your buttocks since 2013

Let's talk about church pews, shall we?


Mathlete the Elder
A couple of months ago I was moaning on Facebook about the pews at City Church. You see, I am in serious training mode. Pilates Bootcamp, personal trainer, cycling, hiking... you name it, I'm all over it! They don't call me Mathlete for nothing, you know! 

And all this training takes a toll on ones buttocks. 

Anyway, my status went something like this:
These church pews are pretty unforgiving on my Body Combat fatigued butt cheeks. #Sore
Imagine my delight to when the Minister replied,

You'll be pleased to know that we have ordered new cushions for the pews, to be installed in April.

Praise be!

Now, you're probably wondering a couple of things. 

1, What is Body Combat? (it's a non-combat martial arts group workout). 

2, He lets the Minister see his Facebook updates? (Adrian strikes me as a down to earth kinda chap with a good sense of humour... either that or he friend requested me just to keep tabs on his newest Elder). 

3, How are your your butt cheeks now, Matt?

They are doing mighty fine, thanks for asking!

Hard wooden church pews may have suited the Puritans but we live in modern times. Quite rightly, we expect comfort. I used to notice that some of the older members of the congregation would bring their own cushions. How I coveted those pretty crochet cushions, when shifting from one cheek to the other, desperate for a few moments respite from Church Pew Pain. Those strips of thread-bare carpet we used to have offered little in the way of comfort. 

As comfy as sitting on God's own lap
All that changed in April when new pew cushions were installed throughout City Church. These gorgeous blue cushions are a welcome addition. They are so comfy and soft it makes sitting through Adrian's sermons even more of a pleasure! 

Since their installation, I'm almost sure that everyone seems little bit more cheerful than usual. This has to be down to the fact that we are praising Jesus in such luxury!

So, if you have been put off going to church because of harsh church furniture then do your buttocks a favour and worship at City Church!

With best wishes,
Matt the Elder 

No comments:

Post a Comment